MedCrunch, one of the world’s leading Health 2.0 blogs is seeking a
Managing Editor (f/m, fulltime)
Since its start in 2010 MedCrunch has quickly evolved as the leading voice in health 2.0. Founded and curated by physicians, MedCrunch delivers information on trends, innovations, technology, and business of the digital health industry around the world to more than thousands of regular readers, most of them physicians. Our aim is to become the world’s primary information resource for the “digital doctor”.
In order to build our business and our editorial team, both with high expectations to quality, we are looking for an individual to join our team full time.
What we are looking for
- You have a degree in medicine or a comparable field (i.e. MPH, MD/MBA, PhD)
- You are passionate about the internet and social media and writing in general
- You are a team player and communicative
- You are English native or REALLY fluent in English
- You both love writing and have management capabilities
- You are a people-person who loves to communicate, network and interact
- Being able to remotely manage a team of various types of editors
- Technically savvy (WordPress, SEO, SEM, HTML, CSS, DoubleClick)
- A good negotiator, able to work with various people from 3rd parties (event organizers, editors, publishers, etc. )
- Business-savvy and experience in online sales
- Preferably based in Europe
What you get
- Opportunity to shape the advancement of the leading media in digital health
- Access to medical thought leaders around the globe
- Working with the best in the field of digital healthcare and extend your own personal network
- Autonomy and possibility to implement and execute your ideas
If the above sounds appealing to you, then please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. For now, do not send us a CV. Instead, send us an e-mail with the words “MedCrunch Mastermind” in the subject line. In the body of the e-mail include your name, city of residence, degree and relevant work experience (no more than 60 words) AND a 300 word blog post of where you think medicine is heading in the future. You can write whatever you think could be interesting to MedCrunch readers. We are looking forward to getting to know you!